We're Hiring For Remote Work
Have you ever desired the freedoms that come with being an independent business owner, but appreciate the steady, predictable income from a great job?
Enjoy the best of both worlds by becoming a marketing subcontractor at Proven Results Marketing Agency!
My name is George Krahn. As the founder of this agency, I have deliberately chosen to move away from the traditional employer/employee model where we would all drive to a central physical office to work.
We are a virtual marketing agency with an incredible team of marketing subcontractors in southern Manitoba and in Puerto Vallarta area in Mexico.
Each of us works independently from our remote offices, yet we all collaborate very well on Zoom calls and chats & comments in our project management system.
To make communication on projects more efficient, our team works at the same time for 4 hours each day from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, which we call our core hours. Beyond that, as a team member, you have the flexibility to choose your own work hours and get your work done when you are most productive. We typically work up to 35 hours per week.
When we are able to, we meet in person for our annual company retreat. This one-week retreat has been at Elkhorn Resort in Manitoba for the past few years. We have plans to have our company retreat at Vallarta Gardens in the Puerto Vallarta area in Mexico in the near future. (More details about that further down on this page.)
We are in need of a casual/part-time person to fill the role of Executive Assistant. This might be 1 or 2 hours per day in the beginning, but will grow into a full time position as you get more comfortable with everything and additional tasks can be be assigned to you.
In the beginning, you might not have any work to do during our core hours from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, but you need to be available during that time in case something comes up that you need to take care of.
Our compensation model is an hourly rate, plus performance bonus, ideas bonus, and loyalty bonus. Marketing contractors track hours worked on our agency provided online timesheet and bill our agency every 2 weeks for services provided using their own billing/accounting app or software.
Performance Bonus: team members share a percentage of sales from each quarter. Ideas Bonus: team members receive a quarterly bonus for every idea they share & enter into our system. Loyalty Bonus: team members receive an annual bonus for every continuous year of working at our company.
This role of Executive Assistant is to be the personal assistant to me, George Krahn, the founder of our marketing agency.
I need a productive, organized, detail-oriented assistant who loves to follow through & finish things. I need you to take some tasks off of my workload so that I can focus on bigger projects that will help our agency continue to grow.
Some specific things that you would take off of my plate would be:
● Managing our company email and my work email
◦ Identifying what's important & what's not
◦ Look for opportunities or things that might be of interest to me and our agency
◦ Block spammers and unsubscribe to lists that we don't want to be on
◦ Reply to simple emails that don't need a response from me personally
◦ Change which email address receives certain emails or create rules in Gmail that automatically forward emails to the right person or marks the emails as read
● Managing our company calendar and my work calendar
◦ Manually scheduling meetings with potential customers and customers that can't be done automatically in our online calendar since they are not in the regular hours that we normally allow meetings
● Taking notes in George's Zoom meetings
◦ Capturing the highlights of the meeting to ensure important points are not forgotten
◦ Ensure that action items are recorded and entered into the correct systems
◦ Following up on those action items to make sure they got done
Eventually, once you have a good understanding of how our agency works, I will need you to keep track of all important things in our agency & follow up on them by email, phone, Zoom call, or face-to-face conversation.
This is to make sure whichever person is responsible for it, does not forget about it. These people that you are reminding of the important things could be me, someone else on our team, a potential customer, or an existing customer.
We have good systems in our agency to help you keep track of everything, so you don't need to worry about creating a bunch of systems from scratch. However, you do need to be a very organized person who might use their own approach to keep track of things.
You will be a great fit for this role if you are a productive, organized, detail-oriented person who loves to see projects & tasks get finished, even though you might not be the one who actually does the actual work of the project or task.
You are probably the type of person that is bothered by things that are left unfinished. You really like it when you can check things off on a list when they are done.
There could also be a variety of other marketing or administrative related projects & tasks that would be assigned to you, as needed.
Full training is provided by our agency using our growing library of training videos & written procedures for our processes & systems, as well as one-on-one Zoom calls to answer questions that arise after going through the training & procedures material.
This role works very closely with the founder and works with the Digital Marketing Manager, Conversion Tracking Manager, and Accounting & Administration.
This role reports directly to the founder. This role makes decisions in the best interest of our agency in the founder’s absence.
Our Ideal Person
You are our ideal person if:
● you are relentless at following up on important, unfinished tasks
● you're an ideal team player: hungry, humble, & people smart
● you take ownership for the key results areas you are responsible for
● you get things done effectively & efficiently
● you have great attention to detail
● you are super productive
We will gladly train the right person even if you don’t have any experience in marketing or advertising. We hire for attitude and we train for skills.
These things are absolutely necessary to be successful in this position:
● you must be fluent in English, even if it is not your first language
● you must have strong computer skills
● being exceptionally skilled in Microsoft Office is essential
● you are willing to take the Kolbe A Index, DISC personality assessment, and Perry Marshall's Marketing DNA Test
● you are prepared to invest some of your own time into some required reading & learning
We have some required reading & learning for everyone who works with us at our agency:
● to understand how we approach marketing & why we approach it this way, you must read '80/20 Sales And Marketing' by Perry Marshall
● to understand how we work effectively & efficiently, you must familiarize yourself with David Allen's approach to being productive; reading his book 'Getting Things Done' is not required, but will give you a huge advantage in understanding it even better
If you have read either of these books already, then you are ahead of the game! (We have these books in our library and team members can borrow any of our books. We also have audiobook versions of these and many other great books that influenced our agency's culture.)
These things are critical to ensure great communication and great service to our customers:
● you must buy & maintain your own equipment including an up-to-date laptop with a fast processor & a minimum of 8 GB of RAM, office furniture, office supplies, and attain office space
● your laptop must have a good quality webcam and be capable of high speed Internet
● you must make yourself available for online chats, text messages, emails, phone calls, video calls, or in-person meetings with team members and/or customers during core hours of 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
This means having access to high speed Internet for good quality video calls that don’t disrupt communication and minimizing noise & visual distractions in the background to maintain professionalism.
It also means ensuring that the company & its customers’ information is kept confidential & their privacy is protected.
Phone calls, video calls, and in-person meetings with team members and/or customers outside of core hours mentioned above must be agreed upon by both parties.
Term of Contract
This contract is active for one (1) calendar year from the start date agreed upon by both parties.
There is an optional renewal of the contract at the end of the term. A renewal must be agreed upon by both parties. Revisions to the renewed contract must be made prior to the end of the term & agreed upon by both parties.
Either party that desires to break the contract before the end of the term must give the other party thirty (30) days of written notice.
One of the Perks - Annual Company Retreat
Every year, we have a week long company retreat. We book a venue that accommodates our entire staff and everyone can retreat to their room to have some quiet space.
We do some light duty work just to get our most important, urgent tasks done. We also discuss important topics that will affect our agency in the coming year. Aside from that, we have a lot of fun doing activities in the area where we book our retreat!
As mentioned near the top of this page, this one-week retreat has been at Elkhorn Resort in Manitoba for the past few years (and it may be there in the future sometimes). We have plans to have our company retreat for the first time at Vallarta Gardens in the Puerto Vallarta area in Mexico in the near future.
Marketing subcontractors on our team take care of their own travel arrangements to get to the company retreat, as well as any individual activities they would like to do. The agency takes care of all accommodations, most meals at the retreat, and group activities.
The expenses paid by the subcontractors would likely be tax deductible expenses, but that should be discussed with your accountant.
How To Apply
If all of the things on this page excite you and if you enjoy being part of a team that works hard & has fun doing it, then this might be a great career choice for you!
Get started now by completing this short questionnaire!
We look forward to possibly working with you!